Do you long for a position with independence and flexibility, while still working with the strength of the RBC Brand behind you? Are you a sales-oriented, self managed and self motivated individual willing to work on 100% commission?
As a Mortgage Specialist at RBC, you will seek out new customers through the development of relationships within the community and realtors' offices. You will enhance the experience of existing customers who are not being account managed by being accessible and proactively providing customer-focused mortgage solutions and advice. At the conclusion of the approval for mortgage financing for the customer, you will successfully anchor the customers with the appropriate delivery channel within RBC Financial Group. The successful candidate will be required to work out of a home office, and remain mobile to accommodate clients’ preferences.
1. Developing local business opportunities and seeking out new customers through the development of relationships within the community and centres of influence.
2. Position will be constantly challenged to exceed previous goals and targets and achieve your own unique contribution to the region’s success.
3. Leverage full RBC capabilities including branches, alternate delivery channels and service partners to achieve RBC’s business goals.
- A developed realtor network, an existing network of referrals & centres of influence is an asset for this role
- Strong knowledge of the mortgage origination business and home financing products is an asset.
- Knowledge of personal banking products and risk management guidelines are important aspects
- Strong computer skills will help in working routines
-A good attribute is the ability to leverage internal knowledge and experience of RBC partners in order to build customer loyalty and trust
- A minimum of 3 years proven Sales success, preferably in the Financial or Real Estate industry
- Proven success establishing and maintaining community networks/centres of influence
- Demonstrated success building trust and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Proven application of business acquisition mindset.
- A demonstrated in networking, prospecting and asking your clients for referrals is critical to success
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
A post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Commerce, Business Administration or related experience is required.
Each role at RBC offers a variety of development opportunities that are critical to an individual's career growth. In this role, the successful candidate can expect to gain experience in generating revenue and interacting with clients.
RBC offers a Total Rewards package that includes performance-based pay along with an array of benefit and pension options, support of work/life balance, as well as learning and growth opportunities
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
City: Charlottetown & Surrounding area
Address: 83 Queen Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Your Home Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Pay Type: Commissioned Sales
% Travel Required: 0-25
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 05/12/2014
Requisition Number: 64854
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Financial Services